School of the Ozarks reflects the vision of College of the Ozarks:
To develop citizens of Christ-like character who are well-educated, hard-working, and patriotic.
Consistent with this vision, School of the Ozarks has adopted five goals that mirror those of the College but are adapted for the environment of a laboratory school. These goals are rooted in the goals of the original School of the Ozarks founded in 1906. The five goals of School of the Ozarks include academic, vocational, cultural, Christian, and patriotic.
Admissions Policy and Procedures
Admissions packets are available beginning January 26, 2023.
New Student Application Process
Step 1: Complete and return the student application; student essay (or writing sample/drawing for lower grades); one letter of reference, preferably from your pastor or youth pastor or other adult who is not a relative; report card and/or transcript representing the last three years of schooling (if applicable); discipline record (or document from current school stating that there has been no discipline); financial worksheet; and photo to:
School of the Ozarks, P.O. Box 17, Point Lookout, Missouri 65726.
Preference will be given to applications received by the date listed below.
Step 2: The family financial application (required) and placement test (K-6) will be processed.
Step 3: After the student’s essay and records are reviewed by the selection committee, eligible students and their parent(s) will be contacted to set up an interview.
NOTE: An applicant who is interviewed and not offered admission due to full enrollment will remain on the School of the Ozarks waiting list until the beginning of the school year and will be notified if there is an opening. However, if an applicant declines an enrollment offer, the applicant must reapply if he or she desires to be considered for future enrollment.
*** Priority consideration will be given to submitted application packets received on or before March 3, 2023 ***
In order to fulfill the mission and vision of School of the Ozarks, consideration for enrollment is as follows:
- Re-enrollment of current students
- Enrollment of qualified students whose family financial status fits the mission of C of O/S of O. In keeping with its mission, School of the Ozarks desires to enroll a significant number of students whose families fit that mission (“those found worthy, but without sufficient means to procure such training”).
- Students who are classically trained (older students)
- Kindergarten students who turn 6 within this calendar school year
NOTE: All new enrollments are based on the availability of openings in their grade and financial category.
Please submit all application materials in the S of O folder they came in. The following must be received in the office before an applicant will be considered for admission. An applicant’s file will not be reviewed until the file is complete.
- Student application
- Student report card and/or transcript (from the past three years of schooling if applicable)
- Student discipline record (or document from current school stating that there has been no discipline)
- Student photo
- Student essay (or writing sample for lower grades)
- One personal letter of reference from pastor, youth leader, or other Christian adult (who is not a relative)
- One academic reference form from a primary teacher
- Financial worksheet
- Immunization records
Upon notification of an acceptance offer, a $300 non-refundable deposit will be required. The deposit will be applied to the student’s fees for the 2023-2024 school year.
Fee Payment Options
Option 1: One payment in full due September 1st
Option 2: Two payments, first due by September 1st and the second payment due by February 1st
Option 3: Ten equal payments starting August 15th and ending May 15th
School of the Ozarks will provide financial aid for families who demonstrate that they need assistance (based on the results of the financial worksheet).